Tuesday, June 9, 2009

All you need is... Softball?


I'm a terrible softball player. While this may come as a shock to some of you (Why Morgan, you are normally so graceful and athletic, I would have thought you would have had a full ride to college! Ha!), to others this is just part of my charm.

I am looking for a job everywhere. I've emailed my friends and family, will be contacting my rolodex, and frequent Craigslist often. I play on a softball team with a few ex-work friends and some non-work friends. Of course, I network there and now bug my new friends for openings at their companies. (Sorry to those of you on my team that are reading this!)

While it's a bonus that I have the ability to network with a wide variety of young professionals through this team, it's more just the blast that I have with them that I appreciate.

Having an hour a two a week to think about things completely unrelated to my unemployment is a blessing. These people don't care if I am a bum. They care if I can hit a ball. (Which I can't, so I don't really know why they keep me around.) Plus they are such a great group of people to be around, it's just a fun event that I get to go to when rain doesn't ruin it.

I really think that my friends and family are the most wonderful things in the entire world. When I got home from my softball game tonight, I was welcomed by two incredibly sweet notes from friends of mine offering their support and love. What could be better than that?

Who cares if I don't have a job. I have friends, family, and softball. Suh-weet.

2 comments:

  1. Softball does hold the world together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a GCG. good clubhouse girl! Every team, group and company needs one. That person that lightens the mood and keeps everyone laughing and in good spirits. We couldn't do it w/o you. See you at practice Sun 4p. :)
    -Coach Matt

    ReplyDelete