Monday, June 29, 2009

There's a reason DIY could be pronounced DIE


In the world of weddings, if you don't make it personal, your wedding will suck.

Okay, maybe not completely, but after reading such wonderful blogs and forums like Weddingbee and Snippet & Ink, I want to make everything in the wedding myself. Wonderful thoughts of calligraphy classes and hand-made favors come to my head. Although, I keep getting knocked down by the harsh reality that these talents don't suddenly appear when you get a rock on your finger.

Recently, I have been pitched in an epic battle of woman vs. printer. I really wanted to do the "I didn't pay for calligraphy but it looks like it" look (my inspiration is here) but my printer doesn't seem to agree. I'll get it perfectly set up on the computer and then someone drops the ball. Envelope size? check. Font bought? check. Font color? check. Print example? NO WAY.

It seems that my old mac and Mr. Snow's old printer don't want to get along. Maybe one cheated on the other a while ago (I blame the mac) but that doesn't mean they should hold grudges, right? My nerves are frazzled so Mr. Snow is on the case.

Any tips on how to make beautiful invitations have matching beautiful envelopes without breaking the bank?

No comments:

Post a Comment