Monday, June 8, 2009

THE DRESS


There is so much hoopla over the perfect wedding dress. I mean, they are all white dresses (for the most part) it's pretty amazing how many different types of styles there are. But when it came to my dress, I was focused.

Almost immediately after getting engaged, my mom and I went to the Priscilla of Boston salon in Cherry Creek. It was just a place we found that would be fun to go to. I was never a fan of the brand or anything (in fact, the names "Priscilla" and "Boston" aren't exactly my favorite words for some reason). We just went.

So you could imagine my total shock when the fourth dress I tried on was (trumpets and horns, please) THE DRESS. We didn't buy it initially, because c'mon, how fun is that to only try four wedding dresses on in your life time? I want more hoopla!

The next week we went to the CUTEST salon in the world, Anna Be as well as back to Priscilla of Boston. I loved a lot of the other dresses, but none of them quite gave me the twitterpated feeling as my wonderful original white dress I tried on at POB.

We went back. There was a trunk show. We got it for 14% off. It happened.

Since that purchase, I've probably been back four or five times to try on MY dress (once it was made). I've become THAT bride. The one that can't get enough of her dress. I freakin' love it.

On Wednesday I'll be going in for my first (and hopefully last) fitting. My boobs aren't the biggest in the world, so I gotta take it in a bit around the chest, but everything else should be fine.

Other than that I am STOKED to be wearing this one-of-a-kind kick ass dress for my wedding. I'll post pics when I know for sure Mr. Snow won't be seeing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment